Rick Wilson, Owner and Director is a 30+ year resident of Virginia Beach. He proudly served his country in the United States Navy and was a Deputy Sheriff with the VB Sheriff's Dept. He spent 23 years in the Automobile Retail Industry, before finally achieving his dream of opening his Bach to Rock Music School. "Music has always been my first love and passion. I have been given a great opportunity to share my passion with my community and cultivate the up and coming Rock Stars! I love the feeling you get when you on are stage performing, there is nothing quite like it!" His musical influences are broad and eclectic.
Staff & Music Teachers
Jessica P. - Early ducation, piano, violin, clarinet, cello instructor. I am from a family of very talented bluegrass musicians. In 6th grade I veered from banjo and mandolin and picked up a clarinet. In high school I was in various ensembles that I decided to make a career out of it. I graduated from bridgewater college in may 2017 with a B.A. in music education. I believe music enriches lives. I hope to pass a love of music to all my students.
Cindle V. is a multi-instrumentalist. She teaches piano,guitar,bass,violin,flute,and she is also a vocal instructor. She has a Bachelors degree in music education and a minor in music theory from Malone University. She is a member of the national music educators association. She brings over 7 years experience teaching in both the school systems and private sector. She performs regularly in the community and around the country. Cindle is excited to teach and instruct the next super star performers here at Bach To Rock .
DJ Julz Gat is a premier DJ in the Hampton roads area who has performed at and holds DJ residencies at many local and regional events and venues. He was crowned the Virginia Beach Master of the Mix in 2017 winning the local DJ contest and plans to compete and battle in even bigger contests like the DMC and Redbull Thre3style and is very avid about pushing the craft to the next level. Starting out DJing 10 years ago he has evolved his skillset from starting out on an old Vestax mixer and turntables with vinyl to a intro DJ controller to a professional Dj controller back to 2 turntables and a pro Mixer. Infulenced by the greats like Dj Q-bert, Mix Master Mike, Scratch Bastid, Jazzy Jeff, DJ AM, and the likes, he continues to pursue the art of djing while keeping the Party jumping! DJ Julz Gat is very pleased to be teaching the next generation of young DJs along their DJ Journey!
Todd W. taught Private Lessons for over 10 years. He was the touring drummer for National Recording Artist Nothington for 8 years and various local bands for 20 years! He has 32 years of professional drumming experience! Todd has worked for Ego Music, D&D Music, School of Rock and now joins our family at Bach to Rock. Todd enjoys music from all genres. His favorite artist is Pearl Jam.
Tyler W. fell in love with the drums when his dad started teaching him to play at 8 years old. He is super excited to teach the up and coming drum students at Bach to Rock! He is also excited to be working with his dad (Rick Wilson - Owner/Director) and hopes to one day take over the business.
- Individual instruction with proprietary curriculum
- Students are motivated by playing with others in a band
- A band builds teamwork, develops social skills, fosters self-esteem and leads to lasting friendships.
- Everyone learns faster playing music they like
- Students are motivated to learn when they see early results
- Introducing very young children to music supports cognitive development and motor skills.
- A well-balanced music education consists of Music Theory, Technique and Repertoire.
- Students learn faster playing music they like.
- Simplified versions of modern songs allow students to see results more quickly.
- Audio recordings of each simplified arrangement are available to students. This allows them to hear how their part should sound.
- Lessons are catered to the needs of each student's learning style.